Saturday, March 7, 2009

Content Analysis #1

As I was trying to understand and analyze just a broad aspect of USI, it's research and assessments on student's profiles, I came across some interesting information. For example, I had concluded that there are about 7,700 full-time students and roughly 2,300 are part-time. Of those full and part-time students, 60% are females, leaving 40% to be males. I would sought it out to be the other way around and that men were more popular rather than women.

However, I was not surprised to see that most of the population here at USI is under the age of 25, but to see that 23% are older than that? Wow... I never would have predicted those results.

What also included my interest was the fact that freshmen made up the majority, follwed by seniors, and sophomores and juniors tied for third. I would have assumed that freshmen would be the majority, as shown, but then it would have been followed by sophomores, then juniors, and finally seniors. My question is: Why does it skip around? I would have thought, as you got older, you would have been more susceptable to not continue, because it just keeps getting harder from then on. Those results startled me.

No comments:

Post a Comment